audi forums   audi forums

Go Back   Audi Forum > Audi Forums (Audi Cars) > Audi A4 Forum

Audi Forum: Oxygen Sensor Questions

Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 AM

Default Oxygen Sensor Questions

Hi All!
I am new to this site and new to owning an Audi. I recently bought a 1998 A4 Quattro 2.8 that needed some TLC. I have began repairing some issues, but have hit a brick wall on one issue. My car is throwing oxygen sensor codes. The kid I bought it from put a Remus exhaust on it and replaced the Oxygen sensors, but when he put the sensors in he got universals and just twisted the wires together and taped them. I got around to looking underneath and the one sensor had rubbed up against the heat shield, causing the one white wire to rub through. I have replaced that sensor and the other one. They are still not reading. I have a scan tool that shows the fuel trim and it is not functioning. Could the bare wire of shorted the computer out? Also, if I used soldier-less connectors, will they still transfer heat and signal? Any ideas of how to fix this issue would be appreciated. It's driving me crazy! Thank you very much!

lose weight
Old 12-12-2013, 03:22 PM

i think you need a cable to your scan tool. here is the link:
http://www.greebid.com/wholesale/aud...2xx-cable.html
Hope it help to you!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 AM

The oxygen sensor can not cause the car to buck, with out the code you can not adjust the sensor in the car and it is unlikely there was a code that actually said an O2 sensor is bad because i have also not good comments on the O2 sensors...